- Office hysteroscopy (OH) is a safe and effective option for diagnosis and management of intrauterine pathology.
- Primary uses of OH include diagnosis of abnormal uterine bleeding and treating endometrial polyps, uterine septa, retained products of pregnancy, and adhesions.
- Equipment selection should be based on the types of procedures planned for the office setting.
- Appropriate patient selection is the most important component for both patient and physician comfort when starting an OH program.
- Care should be taken to attempt to reduce pain and anxiety during OH, with recommended methods including preprocedural NSAIDs, vaginoscopy, and appropriate counseling.