- 1. What type of hysterectomy do you suggest for my condition? Is it minimally invasive or an abdominal hysterectomy?
- a. If you are suggesting an abdominal hysterectomy, why is a minimally invasive not appropriate?
- b. If you are suggesting a minimally invasive hysterectomy, what type of procedure would you recommend?
- 2. Which organs (cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries) will be removed during the procedure and why?
- 3. Will I have any scars after the surgery? If so, where will they be located and how big will they be?
- 4. How many of these procedures have you performed?
- 5. If you were performing a minimally invasive procedure, what types of unexpected things would lead to an abdominal hysterectomy? How many times have you had to convert from a minimally invasive procedure to an abdominal procedure?
- 6. What are the risks associated with abdominal hysterectomy? What are the risks associated with minimally invasive procedures?
- 7. How long will I need to stay in the hospital?
- 8. When can I return to my normal activities:
- a. Work or School?
- b. Exercise?
- c. Sexual Activity?
- 9. When can I expect to be fully recovered?
- 10. Do I need to anticipate any changes after surgery?
- 11. What do I need to do to prepare for surgery?
Important Note to Reader: The information in these Web pages is for your general knowledge and background only. Note that these Web pages contain information from various sources considered to be dependable. However, we make no representations, warranties or other expressed or implied warranties or guarantees regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information. Under no circumstance shall Gyrus ACMI, Inc., Olympus America Inc. and/or its or their respective affiliates, employees, consultants, agents or representatives (collectively "Gyrus") be liable for any costs, expenses, losses, claims, liabilities or other damages (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or otherwise) that may arise from or be in incurred in connection with the information provided or any use thereof.